15 minutes ago
🤰Sausage, Kale, White Bean Soup🤰
Meat, Dark Leafy Greens, and Beans are among the best foods you can eat while pregnant, which is what makes this soup a powerhouse for expectant moms. It’s easy to makes delicious and heart healthy!
PREP TIME: 20 min
* 1-2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
* 1.5 lb. Italian sausage
* 1 large yellow onion, diced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 red bell pepper, diced
* 1 tbsp. chili powder
* 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp. dried oregano
* 2 tbsp. tomato paste
* 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
* 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed
* 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
* 1 large bunch kale, torn into pieces
* In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. * Remove sausage from casing and add to pot - cook until golden and cooked through, about 6 minutes. * Add onion, garlic, red pepper, chili powder, cayenne, and oregano and cook until tender, 6 to 7 minutes. * Add tomato paste and stir, 1 minute, then add diced tomatoes, beans, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. * Reduce heat to a simmer and add kale.
* Simmer until soup has thickened, about 30 minutes.
#pregnant #healthypregnancy #pregnancyrecipes #whattoexpect #thebump #eatingfortwo #soup #expectantmom #babybump #pregnancycravings #yum #pregnancynutrition #healthyfood #deliciousdinners